Fundraising is a brilliant way to raise money because it simultaneously raises awareness within your community. Need some ideas for how you could fundraise? Here are a few for starters:
- Hold a charity day at work – for example, you could have a dress-down day
- Exercising for charity is a fantastic way to fundraise, from sponsored runs to cycling or swimming for refugees
- Hold a bake-off and sell all the delicious treats
- Host a RefuTEA tea party inspired by Refugee Council
- Quiz nights in a local pub with a donation for taking part
- Attend an existing event to support their fundraising efforts. A full list of upcoming events in York can be found here.
Donations can be made to local charities supporting refugees – please take a look at our Donate money page to find out more about where your donations could go.